Why do I need a Guardian?
Parents of International students attending Irish schools (boarding & day) are required to assign a Guardian provider for the duration of the academic programme.
IELA comprehensive services are aimed at ensuring you and your child have all the support they need whilst affording reassurance for their parents. When something goes wrong and your child needs help, our Student Co-Ordinators ensure your child is supported and finishes the year as smoothly as possible, they are also an essential point of contact for the school during unforeseen situations.
At IELA our professional guardianship service provides essential and seamless support to parents, students, schools and partner agencies with practical assistance and guidance throughout the academic year.
Choosing the right and trusted guardian provider is essential and pivotal to the success of the programme.
Comprehensive Guardianship Services
Boarding & Guardianship Services
At IELA we offer Guardianship & Homestay for students attending Boarding Schools
- Administration school application
- Transfers on arrival/departure
- Student Co-Ordinator visit on arrival
- Minimum of 2 Visits per term.
- Personalised support provided by IELA Student Co-Ordinator
- Monthly progress reports
- Attendance at parent teacher meetings.
- Emergency telephone contact 24/7
- Emergency visits
- Accommodation in a carefully selected host family during closure & mid-term breaks – excluding Christmas & Easter holidays)
IELA Boarding & Guardianship Programme package includes
- Boarding accommodation.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner)<./li>
- Assistance with organisation of uniform, books, additional school & boarding equipment (i.e. duvet, linen, towels etc) and assistance.
- Family accommodation during official school Closures, Mid-term Breaks, Easter, & holiday weekends.
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner)